It’s a pain to find the best deals for opening a savings account, so I’ve taken the time to scour the net to find you the very best promotions available. While promotions alone shouldn’t be the only variable you should consider when selecting a bank, with interest rates so low, it may be the determining factor.
Personally, I advocate banking online for various reasons, but namely your ability to save time and earn better interest and or promotions. When new banks pop up (and yes they are FDIC insured) they try and lure new customers in with rates that are far above competitors (this is why you see some offer 1.5% while others offer 4%). You couldn’t do that if you stuck to your local town or community. When you open your options to banking across the country, you allow many more banks to compete for your business, thus allowing you better offers and rates. Having said that, below I’ve listed numerous banks with the best savings account offers (rates) and promotions across the country. Keep in mind that these offers may change daily and what is valid now may not be offered tomorrow.
- Capital One Savings – 1.35% APY PLUS a 10% bonus on interest earned*. No Fees.
- First Missouri High Interest Savings Account Earn 4.01% APY*
- HSBC Online Savings -24/7 Online or ATM Access. 1.10% APY* No Minimum Balance.
- State Bank of Waterloo- High Interest Rate of 3.50% APY*.
- Bank Liberty With 3.01% APY
- American Express Bank, FSB
- Sallie Mae® High-Yield Savings.1.40% APY. Open An Account in Minutes
- Webster Bank has promotions of up to $100 on checking accounts, there’s probably something similar for savings.
- EverBank: $75 when opening a savings account (min. deposit required)
- First National Savings: Earn Double Interest & up to $150
- Southwest Bank: Earn up to $150 in promotions