It is not a myth that the US economy is still in pretty bad shape. Fewer households are working and unemployment benefits are not enough to cover all expenses. Therefore, applying for short term loans such as payday loans are becoming more common.
Unfortunately, payday loans are strictly regulated by cities and states, so there is a chance that stores that provide payday loans may not be conveniently located nearby. That is why many people are looking to take online payday loans from trusted online lenders. But how does one know if an online lender is to be trusted or not? Below are some tips we have that may help you.
1. Look for a phone number – Most reputable online lenders promote their phone numbers on their homepage so it is visible to everyone. And many have toll free numbers. This shows that they have live customer support to help you out with your loans.
2. Call them – After finding their phone number, do call them. Try to ask a few questions to figure out if their staff is knowledgeable.
4. Ask where they are located – Many dishonest lenders hire cheap labor overseas to collect your information. After they gather your information, they sell your private information to others. A reputable direct lender does not do that. This means that they should be straightforward about where they are located.
5. Look for secure online application – Do not apply for a payday loan unless the loan application is secure. The URL on the address bar should start with http, which allows for secure browsing and loan application. Furthermore, a VeriSign security logo should be presented on the webpage somewhere in a conspicuous location.
6. Take the time to research lenders – Researching the lender is very important. Take the time to research them online, looking for possible reviews, testimonials, etc.
7. Stay away from aggressive lenders – If a lender is too aggressive, that means they are desperate for your business, which makes them unstable. A good lender that is financially healthy should not appear too aggressive.
There are many things you can do in order to make sure you are dealing with a trusted reputable lender. So make sure you take the time and do your homework before you apply for a loan.
This was a guest post by Al with aboutpaydayloan.com